I enjoy riddles. Here’s one I found somewhere.
- In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
- In each house lives a person of different nationality
- These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH?
- The Brit lives in a red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The Green house is next to, and on the left of the
- The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one
who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who
- The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who
ALBERT EINSTEIN WROTE THIS RIDDLE EARLY DURING THE 19th CENTURY. HE SAID THAT 98% OF THE WORLD POPULATION WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SOLVE IT.
I beg to differ. You just need to chart it and use deduction skills. If anyone knows how to play the MS-DOS games called “Sherlock”, I used that method on paper and deduced that the German owns the fish. I wish I could provide a step by step to how I solved it but not right now. I have a very runny nose and my head is heavy. I clocked myself and I took 35 minutes to get to my answer. -sniff- I think I burnt a fuse though and I need to lie down.
I have been coding a directory, a phpbb forum and 3 wordpress themes simultaneously since last night and I don’t think I could finish them right now in this condition. -sniff-
I don’t think Einstein wrote this himself, some of those brands don’t seem to be old enough to be known at his time. Or maybe someone renamed the things but this is still originally Einstein’s riddle? Am I overthinking it? UGH my runny nose is making it hard to type! I meed a dissue. -sniff- -sniff-
Tell me if I got it wrong?